Friday, April 13, 2007

TGIF... Thank God It's Friday...!

I try to reserve Friday as a special day of the week for counting my blessings. Certainly, it's appropriate to give thanks and praise every single day, but some time ago I was assessing my relationship with God and discovered that my communication was too 'one-way'. And that 'way' was pretty much me communicating my requests and concerns to God.

I realized that in a parent-child relationship I was some spoiled, self-centered child always asking his dad for favors or privileges. I was thinking that God's got to get sick and tired of listening to someone do nothing but ask for help all the time. Of course, I know that's not really the case. Our heavenly Father has an infinite amount of grace and patience. I mean come on, He loved us so much that HE sent HIS only son to suffer and die on the cross for us.

God created us. HE created the world. HE is the author of time and space. He knows everything about us. HE knows what's going to happen to us. HE knows the number of hairs on our head. Isn't that amazing? Our brains (mine, at least) can not even comprehend it. The one word definition for that is Omnipotent. Yes, God is all-powerful. And He is a loving, kind, caring, gentle, providing, generous, compassionate God.

HE is Jesus, My Lord AND Savior...!

***************************

Dear Heavenly Father,

I set aside today to just worship You and give You praise. I give You thanks, Lord Jesus.

I thank You first of all for this quiet, peaceful morning that I can sit in the comfort of my living room on a big comfortable couch in a climate controlled environment using some of the most advanced technology in the world to record and broadcast my thoughts and feelings. I realize I've got a better living situation than probably 98% of the rest of the world.

Many people in other parts of the world have to worry about bombs falling or enemies or invaders attacking. This is something else that I think most Americans take for granted. Also, Lord I recognize that most of the rest of the world lives in relative poverty as compared to our rich United States. And I recognize my own individual situation is a fairly exalted for an American. I have a home, a car, a career, and many, many 'extras' that a lot of other Americans do not have.

Lord, You have truly set America apart. Thank You. On behalf of my country I am truly grateful. I recognize how fortunate we are. Thank You Lord...!

Father God, I would be remiss if I did not mention how much I love my sweet wife and boys Elijah and Connor. What a blessing they are...! My wife is a strong woman of faith. She sharpens me. She inspires me. She takes care of me. Honestly, there can't be very many men out there who have a wife like mine. I am VERY grateful, Lord. I am VERY appreciative.

And what an honor and privilege it is to be able to raise up two fine young boys. Well, Connor's not so young any more, but I definitely count it an honor to be trusted with shaping the life of a young person. I think that's the most significant contribution I can make to this world.

Helping Connor and Elijah grow up to know YOU and Love YOU Lord is the really why I'm alive and why I am here right now. You have a PURPOSE for my life, and You have REVEALED it to me. -That right there is a tremendous blessing in itself.
Lord, I know that none of my blesings are because of anything I have done. Every good and perfect gift comes from You, my King...!

God, You are TRULY an Awesome God. I Love you. I worship You. I sing Your praises. I give this day over to You for Your glory and honor. And I pray these things in the power of the blood of HE who shed his life for me, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: