Thursday, April 12, 2007

Morning Prayer

God has been revealing much to me lately. Oh my life is still messy and out of control, but I think Monica and I are starting to get a handle on managing our time better. The key is to prune away all activity that doesn't give glory to and honor God.

Discerning God's will in this matter is my highest priority. When You look at the life of Jesus he took lots of time off to pray. He would go away to a quiet place to pray. It is recorded that sometimes he would spend the entire night in prayer. He often prayed early in the morning.

God has been seeking me earnestly for sometime now. But I haven't been paying close enough attention. I've been busy. -What a fool I've been. I've got to get my priorities straight once and for all...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, YOU are my King. YOU are my Personal Savior. I would not be here if not for You. I am nothing without You. Why do I try to spend doing anything under my own power...? The bible says that THROUGH YOU I can do all things... The bible tells me to TRUST YOU with all my heart. The bible tells me to REST IN YOU, that your yoke is easy and your burden is light.

Who am I trying to impress here...? Man or God...? That is the question. Lord I don't care one bit what the world thinks of me. I am going to follow You and spend my time wisely in pursuit of You and Your Kingdom.

I am not going to worry. I am not going to stress. I know You will supply all my needs. You have already blessed me with a great resource in my sweet wife Monica. She is constantly reminding me what's important and helping keep me on track. She is such a blessing. If there was ever a more perfect model of a Proverbs 31 woman, I haven't met her yet...!

Father God, You have given me twenty-four hours today to honor You. Lord I pray that I do just that. Help me, Father. Help me manage my time and priorities to Your Glory. Draw me close to You. Help me to be the Godly Man that you have called me to be. Help me to lead my family, friends, co-workers, and community closer to You.

Father, I especially lift up Connor and Elijah to You. I want to be a mentor and an inspiration to them. Help me to train them up well so that they too will walk close with You and know You better than Monica or I. Thank you for the blessing of my boys.

Lord I seek You this morning. I love You, Jesus. And I pray these things in your precious, holy name. AMEN.

No comments: