Thursday, May 03, 2007

Discipline

For years I would describe myself as disciplined. Even as a young boy I always wanted to be the best I could be at what ever I did. I was driven. (I still am, by the way...)

I used to exercise and train virtually around the clock. I approached everything I did with the attitude of a professional athlete. But the last seven or eight years I've really let my physical state slip. If anyone was ever a shadow of their former self, it's me. I'm in the worst physical condition of my life. I'm weighing in right now at around 230 lbs... I could safely stand to lose 50-60 lbs... Aaagh...

And those who know me well know that I've been writing about this for a long time. Two years ago I got down to 200 lbs... But I could never drop back into the 100's... I really want to regain my health... And I know what I need to do. I've got to really watch what I eat, and exercise more... Plain and simple. And somehow I've got to regain that discipline I had as a professional athlete.

I honestly think that the true key to my success is dependant upon my becoming more disciplined in my spiritual life. And If I can approach my spiritual life with the discipline of a professional athlete first then it will better enable me to be disciplined in other areas of my life.

No comments: