Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Praying for Connor...

I've been thinking about Connor a lot lately. For those of you who do not know, he's my step son. Connor tragically lost his father to a heart attack a few years ago. The past two years Connor has had to get through the Father's day holiday without his dad. He doesn't really like to talk about his feelings regarding his dad, but it's obvious that he misses him.

Connor is gone right now traveling on a mission trip down near the Texas-Mexico border. Last night the house was very different with Connor away. Monica, Elijah and I both miss Connor and look forward to his return on Friday.

My wife has been praying earnestly for Connor and this trip. Today I join her and echo the sentiment of lifting Connor up before the Lord.

I pray also for myself and my personal relationship with Connor. I want to be the best step dad that God has called me to be and just give that situation to the Lord, as well.

I praise God and thank Him for my wonderful family. I have been blessed with a Godly wife and two beautiful children. I have also recently been re-united with my younger brother which is nothing short of a miracle.

PRAISE BE TO GOD...!

No comments: