Thursday, July 05, 2007

America, America, God shed HIS Grace on Thee...

Those lyrics from the song 'America the Beautiful ' have been on my mind a lot the past few days. You see a few days ago Monica and I saw a commercial on television from the Department of Homeland Security which advised everyone to have an 'emergency plan' in place in the event of a terrorist attack.

Now how sobering is that...? Monica and I hardly ever watch TV and it is even more rare that we would pay attention to a commercial. But that commercial really hit home. And it brought to mind the reality that the WORLD hates America. Well, MUCH of the world hates America.

-Yes, there are those in the world who would love to do us harm. But, it's a good thing for us that God shed HIS grace on us, right...? I mean, how much can our country's homeland security really do to assure our safety...? They are already issuing 'disclaimers' on public television.

The real question on my mind is how much longer will God continue to shed HIS Grace on us...? I don't know. All I can say it's a good thing that I'm not God because I probably would have already cut my losses.

What can I do for America...? I can try to make America stronger by raising a Godly family. I can make America stronger by giving 100 % of myself to what ever I am doing. I can stand in the Gap for America in prayer.

And Pray to the THE ONE who IS my ETERNAL HOMELAND SECURITY:

JESUS CHRIST...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for shedding Your Grace on America. I don't know if our country really deserves it any more, Lord. I guess that's why it's called Grace. But Lord I stand in the gap for my country this morning. I lift America up to you, My King. I pray for the Restoration of our country, Lord.

Father God I pray for an awakening. I pray for a revival, Lord. I pray that love and peace will triumph over darkness. I am grateful to live in America. Help me to be worthy of Your Grace. Help me to be faithful and true. Help me to be the witness You have called me to be.

Father God I lift up this Nation to You. I love You Lord. I thank You for Your ample blessings in my life, my family's life, and this Great Country called America.

And I pray these things in the Power of the the name of Jesus' Christ,

Amen.

No comments: