Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Voice of God

I seem to be hearing a central theme lately. That theme is Have Faith in God. That theme is to Trust in God That theme is to Live a Life that Honors God.

It sounds like a 'no brainer', right...?

Well, of course it is. Believers know that is how a person who has truly surrendered their life to Christ is supposed to think and live. I'm just saying that for some reason all this just seems 'crystal clear' to me right now. I believe this 'reason' is due to several recent developments.

First of all, my family and I have been consistently ministered to by Pastor Cere at Life Church of Angleton the past five weeks. Pastor Cere preaches with a passion and conviction I have rarely observed in my entire life. I can't remember a time when I've ever been more challenged, inspired, and convicted spiritually on a Sunday morning than I have been in the past five Sundays.

Another factor is that movie: Facing the Giants. (Which incidentally Pastor Cere introduced to us...) I told Monica that I wanted to watch that movie a few more times. I want to show it to my students. Seriously, if you have not seen that seen that movie, you MUST see it. I promise It will change your life.

And finally, a third factor is the steady consistent witness of my dear sweet wife. I love her so much. Monica is the perfect help mate to me. (as I hope I am to her, as well...) It does seem that when I need encouragement and discernment, she is always there always giving me a Godly perspective. She is a great woman of Faith. She is a great woman of prayer. She loves and trusts God with the kind of reckless abandon that effects and influences everyone around her.

She has lifted me up and restored me on so many occasions I have lost count and don't even try to keep score any more. Certainly, I am always there for her also but here lately it seems that I am getting the much better end of the marriage deal.

Oh God is Great. God is Good. HE takes care of me. HE provides for me. Troubles may come my way but God is equipping me to handle what ever life dishes out...!

Blessed be the Name of the Lord...!

No comments: