Thursday, July 26, 2007

Church On A Mission: Equipping the Saints...

Mat 5:14 You are the light of the world. -A city set on a hill cannot be hid....!

I am feeling more and more bold to share my faith in every circumstance, every day, all day long. A big reason for that is the new church Monica and I are attending. It's really unlike any church we have ever attended. It's mission is to equip the body of Christ to minister to each other and the world. In the two short months that we have been attending Life Church of Angleton, Texas we have felt convicted, stretched, and challenged spiritually in ways we had not imagined possible.

I know this church is 'the Real Deal'. And I Praise God and Thank Him for leading us there...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord You are my Shepherd. You are in firm control of my life. You are constantly guiding and leading me. I am so grateful Father that You have led my family to Life Church. Though storms rage all around us and we have no idea what the future will bring, we stand strong on Your promises to deliver us.

Thank You Lord for what You are doing in our lives and community. You are an Awesome God. We love You Lord, and want to be right in the center of Your will for our lives.

Lord my prayer today is that You would help me to be still and listen for You.

I want to honor You Lord. I want to give glory to You. I want my life to be a city on a hill, to be salt and light to those around me.

Father God I Yield to You. I am ready, I am willing. Hold me close. Never let me go. If it be Your will, please work through me to touch lives for You today. If I am not ready to be used, please show me the areas in which I need improvement. Transform me, Lord.

And Father I lift up my family to You today. I pray blessings over Monica, Elijah, and Connor this morning. I lift up my friends and co-workers today as well. I pray for those Divine appointments in my life. Help me to recognize them and seize the opportunity to be You to them.

Heavenly Father I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: