Friday, July 27, 2007

The Fifth Wettest July in History

On the local news channel last night the weather man said that the greater Houston area was currently experiencing the seventh wettest July in recorded history but that by the end of the day today we will have moved to the fifth wettest July ever recorded.

As I was listening to that broadcast I wondered if they were counting the great flood of the bible...? I doubt it.

But any way, this rain is significant. My livelihood is dependant upon working outside and those opportunities to work have been severely limited lately.

Monica and I have been taking turns encouraging each other that God is in control. God knows our situation. Good knows our needs. He has always been faithful to meet those needs so we stand strong in that knowledge. We are not certain if this is just a test of faith or God's moving us in a different direction. Perhaps its a bit of both.

But one thing is for certain. We are drawing close to God. For me, I don't think I've ever been more aware of the presence of God in my life than right this very moment. -And that's a Good Thing.

Of course today is Friday. This is the day of the week I have set aside to regularly take an inventory of God's blessings in my life. And although the rain is 'slaying' me I have to praise God for the rain because I doubt I would be drawing so close to HIM in a time of plenty.

I will not be discouraged no matter what my physical circumstance. I am grateful for my life. I have a beautiful family, live in a nice home, and have plenty of food to eat. I have been blessed greatly and abundantly. For sure these are some of the lean times of my life, but the Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away.

Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

No comments: