Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Staying Focused...

Lord I need You this morning. Help me stay focused. Help me stay sharp. I'm slipping. I'm falling. I'm weak. Help me be strong in You... Pastor Bob Kraft sent me some verses to stay on track... One of them was Romans 8: 35-37

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?...No, in all these things we are more than conquerors.

He then followed the scripture with this comment: To warrant the correct kind of attention you must be doing something right...!

Lord, I want to be 'right'. But sometimes I have trouble figuring out what 'right' is... I used to think 'right' was being a workaholic. But I know that's not correct.

Today I'm faced with many things that I absolutely need to do. I also have many things that I'd like to do. There's really not time to do the things that need to get done let alone the things that could get done.

All I can do is prioritize, and do what I can do to the best of my ability and give it up for Your glory. The rest of the things on my plate I just leave for tomorrow. Through it all Lord I'm recognizing that You are God. You can take care of this. You WILL take care of this.

I can't see how this will all work out but You've got the whole world in Your hands. Managing Coach Sam's Schedule is a cinch for You...!

My Jesus, My Savior... I love You Lord. I trust in You. I AM STRONG IN YOU...! And nothing can separate me from You and Your Love.

Thank You Lord for all of creation. I just marvel at what you've done. I mean look at the Giraffe. Look at the Elephant. What marvelous and complex creatures. How about we human beings... ? We have the advanced ability to think, have emotions, create things... Lord You are Wonderful. You are amazing...

Oh there is so much more to this life than the petty little things I seem wrap myself up in...

Father God help me to live for You and to honor You with my life song. Help me to do Your will. Help me to be a man of influence, not affluence.

I lift up my family this morning. I lift up my co-workers. I lift up my church. Bless them Lord. And enable me to be a blessing to them...

Oh God I pray this prayer in the Power of Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments: