Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday Thanks and Praise

Praise You Jesus, My Blessed Savior and Redeemer...!

Thank You Lord for a very good day yesterday with the tennis tournament. Everyone was holding their breath to see what the weather was going to do but You were in control and not a drop of rain fell on the tournament yesterday...!

Lord I had a very nice day with Elijah at the tournament and during that time Monica was able to get a lot of things accomplished on the home front so all in all I'd say it was an excellent day. Thank You, my King.

Father God, I'm going to take a closer look for the next few days about the difference between being saved and really making You Lord of my life. I'd like to say again that it's a concept I hadn't thought of until recently. I think many people are deluding themselves into thinking You are Lord of their life just because they have accepted You as Savior. But that's definitely NOT the case. Accepting You as Savior is acknowledgement of WHO You are and WHAT You've done. Making You the Lord one's life is really submitting oneself to Your authority. It's filtering every thought, word, and action through a 'biblical view' lens and sifter. It's doing the right thing time and time again... It's Living the WORD.

And that's impossible to do under one's own power. But I think many people don't even realize they are operating under their own power. (I didn't really understand it, myself) And that's why there's so many baby Christians out there. I've been 'saved' for over 20 years but I'm just now getting past the stage of being a 'baby christian'. Oh I have and have had lots of biblical knowledge in my mind for awhile, but what value has that knowledge been when my heart hasn't been right...?

And what has sparked this change, this boldness in me...? Well, lots of things. The Lord has been working on me for awhile, but here are the highlights from the past few years:

  • Marrying the right woman...
  • Becoming a Dad...
  • Becoming a Step Dad...
  • Becoming Broken again and again...

God, thank You for opening my eyes to finally see. Thank You for making my life what it is. Thank you for my struggles, they draw me close to You and make me stronger. Thank You for my opportunities. I won't fail You, Father.

Lord Jesus, I love You. I give today to You, my King. You are Not just my Savior, You are the Lord of My Life...! I worship You and give You thanks and praise and glory and honor and worship now and forever, Amen.

No comments: