Friday, August 24, 2007

John 14:13-14 Why We Pray in Jesus' Name...

This scripture is highlighted in Dr Stanley's morning devotional. It's a great scripture verse to be thankful for.

John 14:13-14 says that God will grant requests that are asked in HIS NAME so that Glory will be given to HIM... That's truly good news that God listens to and answers prayer...!

I am very thankful for prayer. God has been listening to and answering prayer in my life for a long time. When I was a younger Christian I thought we finished our prayer with Jesus' name because that's who we were praying to. Even though I had read that verse before I didn't fully discern it's meaning at the time. I did know that 'Amen' meant 'Make it so..,.' But John 14:13-14 is pretty much a guarantee.

Oh God is so Good...!

Thank You Lord for my many blessings. It is so amazing to see You at work in the lives of those around me. Thank You for the work You are doing in my family right this minute. Thank You for great shepherds like Cere and Sonny and all the church staff at Life Church.

Father God thank You for prayer and the promises You have given us regarding prayer. God You are an awesome God.

I Love You Lord. I give this day to You. I thank You and Praise You in Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments: