Thursday, August 23, 2007

2 Corinthians 12:7-9 -Regarding Weakness

I can hardly wait to meet the Apostle Paul in Heaven one day. He was such a remarkable man. And I have so many questions to ask him... One question is what was the 'thorn in the flesh' that he spoke about in 2 Corinthians 12:7-9...? It's a mystery. But he probably didn't mention it's exact nature because if he did then many readers might not identify with the passage. For instance, if his 'thorn in the flesh' was poor vision then those who had perfect vision might not pay as much attention. They'd think, 'Oh, this doesn't apply to me....'

No, I think Paul was shrewd to not mention the nature of his affliction. Now, every reader can identify with him and imagine that had the same affliction they do. -And we all have afflictions and handicaps of some sort.

Paul's life was a great example because he turned his affliction from a bad situation into a means to glorify God.

We all must learn to do that. God does have 'Good' plans for each of His children. Trials and tribulations serve the purpose of humbling us and driving us to HIM. God can't do vey much with the PROUD. He does HIS BEST work through weak vessels.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for the Apostle Paul and the work You accomplished through Him. His life is an inspiration to me. He handled pain, suffering, and humiliation with Grace. -Your Grace. Paul encourages us to rejoice in our weaknesses. That is so opposite of today's worldly thinking.

But You called us to be in the world but to not become like the world.

Lord, help me to be a difference maker in the world today. What can I do for You...?

I am as open as I can be. My only prayer is that You lead me. Make my path clear. Let me serve You with the gifts and talents you have blessed me with.

Father God open my eyes. Don't allow me to miss another opportunity. And when I face adversity, when my own personal thorns in the flesh stick deep please give me the grace and peace and oneness of purpose that You gave Paul.

Lord I Love You. You are a Great Big God. And I know You love me right back. All of creation speaks of Your wondrous love. Thank You for my life. Thank You for my wife and family. Thank You for the opportunity to serve You. And most of all, thank You for the precious gift of Everlasting Life made possible only by the sacrifice of blessed King Jesus, AMEN.

No comments: