Monday, August 27, 2007

Lots To Pray About

It's the start of a new week... We've had kind of a difficult weekend.... Elijah started getting sick Friday afternoon with a cough and he's had a miserable time at night with congestion and not being able to sleep. And when Elijah doesn't sleep, NO ONE SLEEPS!

We'll be taking him in to see Dr Rogers this morning for sure. So Elijah is at the top of our prayer list this morning.

I'm also praying for Pastor Bob Kraft who is ministering at the US OPEN right this minute! He sent me an email newsletter recently that really touched my heart. Now there's a man who is passionately following the Lord. What an inspiration he is... I pray for his day today and his week this week. I pray that he wins many souls for the Lord and plants many seeds for the Kingdom! I lift his family up as he travels far away from them. I don't know how I could be without my wife and kids for that long a period... My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to Pastor Bob.

Today is also the start of the new school year for many kids and teachers in this area. I most definitely want to lift faculty, students, and school employees up this morning. -Especially my stepson Connor who is starting high school today!

My wife needs special prayer today as well. She's had an especially difficult weekend getting even less rest than I have. I don't know any mom or wife who does a better job at taking care of her family than my Sweet Monica. (My Sis Becky is pretty close, but sorry Sis, I'm a little biased here...)

My wife is such a tremendous support and inspiration to me. I can't wait each day to log on to her blog and see what has poured out of her heart. But she hasn't written in over ten days. Things have been busy and hectic here as usual and quiet time to be able to organize and compose one's thoughts has been at a very high premium lately. I have to get up at 3 or 4 AM to write, myself...

Speaking of me, I don't normally like to pray for myself but I'm lifting 'Me' up today, too. I'm weary. My body is constantly in pain somewhere. My workload is very demanding.

I do have a sense that I'm right where God wants me to be. -He just wants me to do things a little differently and re prioritize life a little. It's those few small details that escape me, though.

I do feel good spiritually, and that's certainly a blessing. But I most definitely need prayer for managing my time and finances.

Dear Heavenly Father,

God of Mercy, God of Love, Lord you are Most Holy and I love You. You have blessed me so abundantly. I praise You my precious Lord and Savior. I thank You for Godly role models like my wife and Pastor Bob. I thank You for the blessing of my boys Connor and Elijah. I lift them all up to You today, Father.

Each has his or her own special needs Lord and You know each and every one of them. You even know things they need that I may not even be aware of. That's why You are God and I'm not...!

Father God, I trust You to meet every one's needs. You promised You would do that and you can not lie so I know You will make it so. You uphold the righteous and work all things for good to those who are called to Your purpose.

Lord I know that I am called to Your purpose. And right this very second You are grooming and shaping me. You are ordering my steps, my path, and direction. All the circumstances and situations I am facing right now are intended to mold and conform me in Your image.

Well I don't understand what is going on, or where exactly I am going, but like Abraham I will follow You, Lord. I will trust and obey. I don't know how, but I know that You will meet all my needs. You always do. Sometimes You wait until what seems like the last possible second but I know it is all in Your perfect time.

God, You are a Great Big God and I Worship You. You are an Awesome God...!

Jesus, My King, My Lord, My Savior, I give today to You. I totally surrender to You. I'm holding nothing back. You get my Best, Lord. My Everything. And I pray these things in Your most holy name, AMEN!

No comments: