Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Standing in the Gap For Many Today

The main purpose of this prayer journal is to lift up others in prayer. Today I have many prayer requests...

Monica and Elijah... Elijah went to the Doctor yesterday and has been given some medicine that seems to have side effects that are worse than his original illness. He had another restless night with all his congestion. Monica did not sleep well last night and says she is starting to get a sore throat now...

Danta's Mom Judy.... Our good friend Danta emailed us that her mom is going to have her gall bladder and part of her liver removed today.

Pastor Bob Kraft... Bob is a tennis pro / missionary who is ministering to players, coaches, and tournament staff at the US Open. The Grand Slam tournaments are his mission field.

Coach Sam's Friend... I have a friend who is battling depression.

Coach Sam's Other Friend... I have another friend who is struggling in his career and marriage.

And in light of all the more dire circumstances above I almost feel guilty in this request, but the Chadwell Family Finances could always stand to be lifted up in prayer...

Dear Heavenly Father,

My Lord, My God, and My Savior, wondrous is Your name in all the earth. How marvelous Your power and might. You are most holy and Your tender love and mercies endure forever. You are an awesome God who reigns supreme over all the earth and the heavens. You know all and nothing escapes Your perfect vision.

Father God I know You are already perfectly aware of these situations but they have been placed on my heart to specifically recognize today. I bring them before You in total humility and pray above all else that Your will be done in these matters.

Lord I pray for the health of my wife and son. There is nothing I wouldn't do for them. I thank You so much for blessing me with their presence in my life. I give their health to You and trust You to heal and restore them. Allow the medicine Elijah is taking to do what is supposed to do and make him better.

Lord I lift up Danta's mom, Judy. What a joy and privilege it is to have Godly friends like Danta and her husband Bruce. Danta has specifically asked for prayer for her mom. I want to lift her mom up but I also want to lift up Danta and the rest of her family, too. I know firsthand what it's like to have a beloved family member go into surgery with life threatening circumstances looming. So Father I pray for healing for Judy but also I ask for strength, peace, and patience for Danta and her family as well.

Father I lift Up Pastor Bob and the work he's doing at the US Open right now. I pray for a ripe harvest of fruit from his efforts. Lord I now there are many tennis pros out there who need You. I pray that Your message through Pastor Bob will be heard loud and clear.

You know about my two friends who are suffering various trials in their personal lives. Lord You have placed them in my life and given me a sensitivity to their needs. In my life I have certainly been depressed and discouraged. I have had career issues and motivational problems. Praise You Lord that I have never had any issues in my marriage, but I was the child of a bad marriage and definitely know what that looks like.


Lord I lift up my two friends to You. Help me to minister encouragement to them and show them what You look like. Let me be Your hands and feet to them, Jesus.

Finally My Precious Redeemer, I commend my finances to You. As usual there is not enough to go around in a timely manner. Is that because we haven't been faithful in the past? Are You asking us to give up some 'things' or activities...? Are You trying to move us in a different direction...? Are You just drawing us close to You...?

Father God, help us to stretch what You have blessed us with already and enable us to keep up with the demands of our needs. Lord I want to be a good steward of Your Providence. Help me to make wise financial decisions. Father I'm praying that You not only help us to meet our current needs but bless us with extra income to get ahead and be more of a blessing to others.

Lord, we are totally open to Your will in this matter. We will follow You where ever You lead us. We totally trust in You to meet our needs. We rely on You for everything, Father. I can do nothing under my own power. I must give every circumstance of my life to You. And IN YOU I can do all things....

Thank You Lord. Praise You Jesus. I love You my King, and I pray these things in Your precious holy name, AMEN.

No comments: