Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Words to Live By: Proverbs 16:20

"He who gives attention to the word will find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD."

This pretty much says it all, doesn't it...? It's concise and succinct. It's Truth.

Proverbs is one of my favorite books in the bible. Look how much information is packed into this one stand alone verse. Proverbs is rich with many nuggets such as this. -Words to live by!

Today's exposition of scripture comes down to two simple questions:


1.) Do you want to find good...? Then pay attention to the WORD.

2.) Do you want to be blessed...? Then trust in the LORD.


Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord thank You for YOUR LIVING WORD, the bible. Father, I was visiting with my stepson Connor yesterday and he gave me a statistic that I was not aware of: The world's population now stands at roughly six billion. My first thought was the question of how many of them are saved or have even heard about YOU? My next thought was wow, the earth's population has come a long way since Adam and Eve.

Now I'm thinking how set apart I am from the world knowing what I know about YOU, and THE TRUTH. Thank You Father for the saving knowledge of what Your Son JESUS did for not only me but all six billion out there.

Lord I do want to find good and I do want to be blessed. By Your Grace I will follow the advice of Proverbs 16:20 and I will spread Your Message of Good News to all within my sphere of influence. Help me to be disciplined in daily study. Help me to be bold in the sharing of my faith. Just let me live what I believe.

Father I continue to lift up my family and friends to You today. Margaret is back in the hospital again with another heart attack. Elijah is still under the weather, Danta's mom had her surgery yesterday. Pastor Bob Kraft is ministering to those in need at the US Open. And this morning Lord as I pray for the above mentioned needs, I do have several unspoken prayer requests, too.

And You know what those are, My King.

Finally Lord, Help me to influence my share of the 6 billion. I rest in You. I trust in You, my Savior. I will follow You. I love You.

And in Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: