Thursday, August 30, 2007

Early Morning Devotional

Today is starting off well. My favorite thing to do is to get up early and enjoy quiet time with my precious Lord and Savior. And that's just what I'm doing this morning. I've had difficulty getting into that kind of a groove the past few months, though. I've just been so tired. My alarm would go off early, but I just couldn't get up. Today however when that alarm went off I jumped out of bed with a spring in my step. I can't explain it, but I feel refreshed this morning.

I like to get up at 4 AM, The house is typically quiet at that time except for Rylee, the family dog's snoring and maybe our cats rustling about. This morning in particular there are no distractions.

My first thoughts of the morning were 'Lord I'm going to serve You with all my heart today!' I have so much gratitude for what my Lord and Savior has done and is currently doing in my life... All I think to do is just continually give thanks and praise. Oh God is Good...!

Many mornings I like to browse Dr Charles Stanley's website for inspiration and direction. In his morning devotional today he focused on Ephesians 4:14-16, our need for spiritual growth.

It's important that we try to grow in Christ. Finding Salvation is only the beginning of the journey. Growing in Christ and then sharing what we know and helping others begin their journey is what God has called all believers to do.

Pastor Cere at Life Church of Angleton said it something like this: 'If getting saved were all God wanted of us then he would take us to heaven the moment we got saved.... But No, he leaves us here to affect the world around us...' (Sorry Cere, you said it much more passionately than I wrote it...)

All I know is that I've lived for too long without making any kind of impact in this world for the gospel. And here lately God is really opening my eyes to three things:

1) His Wondrous Glory

2) Role Models in my Life

3) The Needs of Others and My Opportunities to Minister

Starting tomorrow morning I'm going to expand on those areas God is illuminating in my life.

This morning I just want to proclaim God's Power and Might. He is Wonderful and Awesome. He is the Ever Living, All Powerful, King of Kings and Lord of Lords...!


Father God, I love You, Lord. You are Amazing. You are GOD. I lift up Your Holy Name this morning, my King. I praise You. You are Glorious. I live to worship You my Lord and Savior.

Jesus, You know my needs. You know my desires. Let not my desires supersede YOUR Will for my life. I do want to be right in the center of Your will, oh Lord.

Father I lift up my wife and family to You today. I lift up Pastor Bob and his ministry today. I pray for my friends who are struggling with life issues today, Lord. Let them find their answers in YOU.

Lord I lift up Cere, the rest of church staff, and the church body at Life Church as they prepare for the Intensive Discipleship Training Course starting this evening.

Thank You Lord for breathing life into me. I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen
.

No comments: