Friday, August 31, 2007

Thankful For Tennis



I've been thinking a lot lately how tennis has always been my refuge. Tennis has shaped my life. It's affected who my friends were, how I spent my time, how I spent money and earned money. Tennis has been my sanity and sometimes my insanity.
I am grateful for Tennis. Thank You Lord For Tennis.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Lord, You are a Good God. You are my Lord and Savior. You are my Strength. You are my Rock and my Shelter. You are my Friend. Lord You were at work in my life before I ever knew You. That amazes me.
Thank You Lord for steering me into tennis. Thank You for all the positive influences You have placed in my life. Any number of things could have become of my life. But circumstances in my life have led me to this moment in time, and this morning I thank You and give You praise.
Lord I praise and give You thanks for all the good things in my life: My family, my friends, and the awesome church I attend. I live in a comfortable house. I have enough to eat and nice clothes to wear. I have a reliable vehicle. And I have tennis, which as I have described above always been a presence in my life.
Lord I have never felt too comfortable praying for myself. With all You have already done for me, how could I be so bold as to ask for anything more...?
Well I don't want any 'things', that's for sure. I would like help to be faithful and obedient. I could always use more patience. Father help me to always be right in the center of Your will for my life.
Lord I love You. And I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: