Thursday, October 25, 2007

Colossians 1:10-14

...walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God, strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in light... Col 1:10-14 -New American Standard

Wow... Is that a compound sentence or what...? If I were translating that verse it would sound like this:

Straighten up...! See that you please the Lord in everything you do. Grow in Christ, tapping in to his amazing power source. Seek to be steady and patient. And be thankful with a joyful heart because our Heavenly Father has promised we believers a great future with the faithful who have gone before us.

Well, I'm no John MacArthur, but that verse really speaks to me. We need to be steady and patient, seeking God at all times. The world says that WE need to accomplish tasks under OUR OWN power. The Bible says to Seek God First...!

Jesus is THE WAY. -the ONLY way...

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord God I praise You. Thank You for speaking to me this morning. I set my alarm for 4 AM this morning so I could get up early, spend time with You, and then be about my busy day today. Oh Lord, help me accomplish all that I need to get done today. But let me not be rushed and hurried. Let me be steadfast and patient. Father I'm seeking to tap into that supernatural strength that You promise is available to all believers.

Lord I will accomplish great things in Your name today. -Today is not just a work day. It's a ministry opportunity day. I'll have my first opportunity in a few minutes when my family begins to awaken. Bless them, Lord. I lift them up to You. Help me to especially encouraging to Connor today. Enable him to be the mighty warrior for Christ that You have called him to be.... He could be strong and powerful influence to his generation...

And Dear Lord and Savior, please bless Monica's and Elijah's day. May it be a peaceful relaxing day of accomplishment for Monica, and a fun and exciting day of learning and growing for my precious baby boy Elijah... I lift my family up to You Lord.

Father God, I know You are capable to accomplish and grant my requests. And Lord I Believe that You will be in the midst of us all day today, watching over us. Nothing escapes your perfect vision and knowledge. Thank you, Lord. I love You, Lord. I feel much better after spending time with You this morning.

Lord Jesus I pray these things in Your precious name, Amen.

No comments: