Saturday, October 06, 2007

The Holy Spirit

Monica and I have been discussing the Holy Spirit a lot lately. Dr Stanley discussed it this morning in his early light devotional, too.

John 14:16-18 speaks about the Holy Spirit. I like the translation that the Message bible uses. When we accept Christ as our personal Savior He sends the Holy Spirit to indwell within us. But we activate the Holy Spirit through prayer. So if we don't pray on a regular basis we are not utilizing the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives!

I still remember a time when I did not pray. Or I only prayed stale memorized prayers I learned as a child. For me, that kind of prayer wasn't communication with God. Praise the Lord I have learned that I can plug in to the power of the Holy Spirit anytime day or night, 24/7.

We are never alone.

God promises to never leave us. He said we are not orphans, but His sons and daughters...!

Lord God Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for Your Saving Grace. Father God I seek a deeper relationship with You. I know that I need to study Your Word closer. Lord Jesus Thank You for my wife who is such an inspiration to me. I lift her up today. Bless her Father. She is weary. It can't be easy to constantly take care of a two year old, a 15 year old, and a 42 year old. I pray Father that I am able to do more to lighten her load and enable her to be all You have called her to be, Father I lift up Connor, too. I pray that his relationship with me is not a stumbling block to You.

And I pray that we are all able to minister to Elijah at all times and that he comes to know You through the way we treat him show him love. Allow us to teach Elijah love by loving one another the way You love us.

Father God I am so thankful for what You have done for me and what You have given me. Lord I just want to love You and serve You and know You more. Father I give this day to You. I pray blessings on my tennis classes today and ask that You fill me to overflowing with Your Spirit so that I might make a mighty impression for You, my King.

Lord Jesus I pray these things in the power of Your Holy Name, Amen.


No comments: