Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Need Prayer Today...

I'm asking to be lifted up today. I'm very much under the weather physically. Today I have a monster of a sore throat and I just feel generally fatigued. The problem is I have a ton of work to do today. Honestly, I just wish that today would go away.

I'm also feeling a bit unsure of my career path again... Sigh... At least I know well enough to not make any major life decisions while I'm sick.

So the first order of business is to take it easy today physically. Get to the doctor. Get well. And Go from there... OK. that sounds good.

So my physical issues are sore throat and fatigue. But what of my spiritual issues...?

Weakness. No Endurance...

Pastor Cere said in his sermon on Sunday that Endurance of the Saints comes from the WORD of GOD and FAITH in JESUS.

The fact is that all who live Godly lives will suffer the slings....

Cere reminded us this past Sunday that:

  • We were born in battle for battle...
  • We have to ignore our pain and needs to be a focused warrior...
  • Sometimes we must pay the ultimate price for the ultimate prize...
  • We are called to be Like HIM and change the world Like HIM...
  • We are Spirit Born and Spirit Bred to Serve the Lord...

To Lead WE SERVE...!

Wow, just reviewing my notes from this past Sunday's sermon actually revives me a bit spiritually...

Dear Heavenly Father, Lord You are Mighty and I am weak. I just rest in You this morning. I take strength and encouragement from the power of Your Word. I know that situations might get difficult but You are molding and transforming me, Lord. And I am more than a conqueror in You, my King. I love You Jesus and I rest in You. Thank You for my weakness and trials, Lord.

I embrace them and just look for You. I cling to You my Lord and Savior. I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: