Monday, October 15, 2007

Tell the Generations...

Well Cere did preach a good one yesterday. It was so good that we stayed for both services... He said many worthwhile things yesterday but one of the most significant insights he presented is this:

We are in a spiritual warfare for the souls of mankind. And Jesus is still writing the history of the bible today... -We have been given the opportunity to make history...! We Press On in honor of the generations that have come before us. We press on for our loved ones in this generation. We press on for the generations not yet born who will one day have to take up the fight!

-Pastor Cere, Life Church of Angleton, Texas.

I am Spirit filled today! Praise the Lord...! Each and every day I feel more convicted and compelled to tell others about Christ or present some sort of witness for the Kingdom...

Today my prayer is for Connor, my stepson. I lift him up to the Lord Most High... I lift up Elijah, my sweet little baby. I am their watchman. It is my job to bathe them in prayer and train them up right. It is my privilege and my solemn duty as a dad and step dad.

I lift up my beloved wife Monica. She is one of the greatest blessings in my life. God sure did me right when he brought us together...!

Father God,

Lord I present my family to You this morning. Bless them Father. Keep them safe. Draw them close, Lord.Help me to just what they need at this time in their lives. Bless me too, Lord. I am a very imperfect man with many, many flaws and short comings. Lord I know that I can accomplish nothing on my own. It is only through Your power that anything good happens. Every good and perfect gift comes from You, Lord.

I love You Father and I pledge to live today solely for You, my KING. And I pray these things in Jesus' name,

AMEN.



No comments: