Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ways to Wtness: Titus 2:7-8

I love Paul's letter to Titus. In it he encourages Titus to live a life of example to those around him. Paul wanted Titus to pay special attention to the manner of speech that was used in his teaching and interaction with others Titus was instructed to always speak the truth. I wonder if Titus had a problem with using sarcasm as a teaching method...? I know I tend to use sarcasm a little too much. Since not everyone shares the same since of humor, those who tend to use sarcasm too much are bound to offend some people.

Today my prayer is for the Lord to help rid me of sarcasm from my thought life and my vocabulary. I pray that I only speak and think kind, gentle, encouraging words of truth that lift everyone up around me.

Dear Heavenly Father,

The bible speaks about the power of the tongue many times in the bible. Oh tame my tongue oh Lord! Help me to always speak words of Encouragement and Life. Do not allow me to come under scrutiny for harsh or negative words. Help me to speak the truth at all times, my King. I know that is Your will for my life.

I know this is not something I can accomplish on my own for very long periods of time. This change must come from within my heart. I pray that You unleash the power of the Holy Spirit in my Life, Lord. Help me to do YOUR WILL, Father. That is my desire. That is my calling.

Lord I draw close to You this morning. I press in to You. I stand in Your protection as Your child and heir. And no weapon formed shall prosper against me...! I love You, Lord. You have rescued my family and I. -And we will serve you all the days of our lives...

Father I lift up my precious family to You this morning. Bless my dear sweet wife, She is on fire for You, my King. Help me to fan those flames, oh Lord. Help me to be an encouragement and a helpmate to her. I love my Monica, she is such a blessing and I want to see her grow and accomplish and be everything You have called her to.

Lord please bless my stepson, Connor. Father he has potential to be a great man of faith and influence. I pray that I am an instrument of edification and encouragement to him and not a hindrance in his walk with You. Lord my prayer this morning is primarily about my relationship with Connor. I pray that You will help me season my speech and lift him up with words of life. Help me to love Connor unconditionally like Monica does. -Like You do, Lord.

Father I confess my heart is not always right with Connor's behavior. Help me to do better. Change my heart, Lord. I can love Conor with Your Love, Lord..

And finally Lord I lift up my sweet little boy Elijah to You. Help me to be the perfect daddy to him. I can't believe how much I love that child and how much having a baby has changed my life for the better. Lord, Elijah is growing up in a wicked, evil world. He's going to have to face things that I never dreamed of as a little boy. Help Monica and I to train him up right. I pray that he always sees and recognizes how much we love You and that our relationship with You is what defines us. We are nothing without Your presence in our lives.

Lord I love you. I give this day to You. And I pray these things in Jesus' Name, AMEN.


No comments: