Tuesday, November 20, 2007

2 Timothy 3:16-17

All Scripture is inspired by God. It is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness so that the man of God may be adequate and equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

How timely that Dr Stanley's Early Morning Devotional today uses Timothy as a scripture reference. I just listened to an excellent sermon yesterday from another great bible teacher, Chuck Swindoll, who used Titus as his subject. Both Timothy and Titus were students of the Apostle Paul. Dr Swindoll is doing a series on Paul and was explaining how Paul mentored Titus.

This verse speaks volumes to me today as I will be starting a series of morning devotionals with my stepson Connor. We will be going over Charles Spurgeon's Morning devotional this morning but I am going to begin our devotional with a prayer using the 2 Timothy 3:16 verse above.

Post Script... Wow...! I enjoyed the Spurgeon Devotional, but it was a little difficult to understand at first.

It was Lamentations 3:58. -I confess I am not well versed in the book of Lamentations so I definitely learned a lot this morning. Charles Spurgeon is generally regarded as one of the greatest bible teachers ever. I thoroughly enjoyed getting in the Word with Connor and I'm looking forward to making that a daily routine from now on...!

No comments: