Sunday, November 18, 2007

Holding Those Thoughts Captive... -Amazing Grace!

Pastor Cere continues to motivate us with compelling sermons. This morning he gave us another great another one... Every Sunday is like a pep-rally that pumps me up to head into another week of spiritual warfare in the world. I'm glad I was filled with God's Grace this morning because this evening I have been especially challenged in my thought life.

I'm fighting anger over a wrong I have suffered by someone whom I think highly and dearly of...

Let me say this: I hate getting angry. Anger really is a consuming fire. I've never really had an issue with anger in all my life until recently. A few minutes ago my blood pressure went through the roof when I found out that a colleague of mine had cancelled a tennis tournament that we were working on together yesterday. He was supposed to coordinate the finish of some matches that were rained out last night. (I was at church all morning and left him in charge)

The problem is he canceled the tournament due to weather at 9:30 AM in the morning. The tournament wasn't even supposed to start until 12 Noon. The skies were completely clear by late morning and it was sunny all day this afternoon. I'm shocked. The tournament could have easily been completed this afternoon.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with tennis tournaments, it's unheard of to cancel a tournament at 9:30 AM unless there's a hurricane bearing down on you.

I didn't even find out he had canceled until 10 PM tonight... I was furious when I found out.

But I've prayed about it and I'm doing better now. Please understand that there's no way I would have been able to calm down so quickly except by God's Grace.

Speaking of God's Grace, Monica bought the movie Amazing Grace which was the story of William Wilberforce, a great Christian and social reformer of the early 1800's.

I love to study the lives of great Christians who have come before me. William Wilberforce was a man who really lived out his faith and changed the world around him. He's a true inspiration.

God's Grace really is Amazing...!

No comments: