Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Light in the Darkness

It's interesting how I have read passages of the bible for over twenty years and only just recently I am understanding their meaning load and clear. -I've been reading a book by Dr Charles Stanley lately entitled 'Living in the Power of the Holy Spirit', and that book combined with the instruction I'm receiving at our local church has really shown me that all things really do work together for Good....

The moment You accept Christ as Your Savior the Holy Spirit comes to live inside of You. The Holy Spirit comes to You for two reasons...

1. The Holy Spirit enables and empowers us to 'be' witnesses of Jesus Christ to a lost and dying word.

2. The Holy Spirit enables and empowers us to 'do' the ministry of Jesus Christ in our service to other believers.

The Bible tells us that all believers are called 'according to God's Purpose' (Romans 8:28)

I'm just realizing why I find myself in dark situations so much... It's not because God's punishing me. It's not because I'm out of God's will. It's not the Evil One tormenting me.

I understand clearly now that God is calling me to be a light in the darkness. So I need to change my game plan a bit, it seems. I've been trying to avoid dark places and situations. I've been avoiding confrontation, especially in the work place.

So I'm going to embrace and engage the environment God has placed me in. I'm not going to necessarily go out looking for trouble, but if I do encounter adversity in the future, I know I can count on the power of the Holy Spirit to sustain me.

I realize now that over the years that I've missed many opportunities God has presented to me because of my fear of the dark...

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You for beginning to open my eyes regarding my true purpose on earth. Thank You for showing me that I have much work to do right here in my own home and community.

Lord I have shirked my responsibilities for too long. Help me to make an impact on those around me starting this morning.

Father God, it's never too late to turn one's life around. I feel I'm doing that today, this morning.

I love and praise You Lord. You have rescued me. You are all I want. You are all I need.

Bless me to bless others, my King. Lord I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

Monica Chadwell said...

Great post,Honey!! As Chris Rice sings so well, 'Go Light your world!'

Love you!!

mE