Monday, November 05, 2007

My Struggles...

Wow... I'm struggling today with my attitude. And it's right on the cusp of my wife having a huge spiritual breakthrough. Well, I refuse to let the Enemy win this one...! With God's help I will persevere and overcome these forces of darkness that pursue me...! I praise God today that I have a wife who is strong in the faith. I praise God that I matter enough to the enemy that he is after me 24/7, trying to bring me down. HE WILL NOT PREVAIL...!

I'm dealing with my attitude right here and now. Jesus went through too much for me. I'm not about to give up for one second. Oh I get discouraged, but that's fleeting.

I am weak, but GOD IS STRONG. In my weakness God Perfects me. (if I let HIM...)

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I just fall on my face at Your feet this morning. I'm praying for help, Lord. I need YOU.

There's a chorus that says Call upon the name of the Lord and be Saved...!

Lord, I know that chorus is speaking about Eternal Salvation and I am already saved in that way, but I need saving from discouragement.

I need to be able to love others with YOUR love. I need to be able to love others who don't love me. I need to be able to love others who take advantage of me and are mean and rude to me. I need to be able to love others who constantly disrespect me.

I haven't been able to accomplish that. I know the issue is within me, deep inside my heart. Father God, it's rendering me powerless and weak. I really can't go on like this...

Father God I am calling upon Your name this morning. Jesus, in the power of Your name I ask forgiveness. And I ask that You allow me to forgive those who have offended me. The issue is forgiveness, Lord. It's most definitely a heart issue. And I know that if I do not forgive others then I myself will not be forgiven. Lord this is separating me from You and keeping me from being used by You and I can't bear that.

Lord Jesus, help me. I love you Lord. Let Your Love lift me up beyond where I am right now and set me down in a field of peace. Lord Jesus I pray for the transforming power of Your Holy Spirit to heal my heart. I do not want to be the man I am any longer. I run to You, Lord. I hide in Your embrace. You are my shelter in the storm. Thank You Lord. Thank You My King.

In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: