Monday, November 12, 2007

New Week..New Mind....New Life...

OK, Yesterday morning I blogged about renewing your mind. And I expressed that Sundays were my favorite day of the week because I had the opportunity to attend an awesome church.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend the service because my wife and I were scheduled to work in the nursery yesterday morning. Oh well, I'll have to get the CD...

Working the nursery went ok, but afterwards I went on the have sort of a bad day. God definitely did not get the Glory he deserved yesterday. I know I owe God a big apology...

So I was in not too good a mood last night when I went to bed, but before I drifted off to sleep I made a point to read some of God's word. I read some of the psalms. And I believe God spoke to me last night . I've got to be strong in Him like David was.

David had it way worse than I do and God certainly came through for him with flying colors! But David WAS a man after God's own heart. I've been asking God and myself lately What sort of man am I...? And, how's my heart these days...?

By some strange coincidence, I was reading an article on Dr Stanley's website this morning regarding having confidence in God. It was just what I needed to hear. PRAISE GOD!

God DOES always come through. I'm just going to keep clinging to His promises to meet my needs. I'm going to cling to His promise to meet me at my point of need. I'm going to cling to His promise that I am a new creation in Him. I am going to cling to His promise that no weapon formed on earth can prosper against me.

Paul told us that our battles are not fleshly ones, but spiritual. -Boy did he have that right!

Lord, help me learn to rely on You in the small struggles I experience, and also help me believe You and Your Word about bigger challenges. Teach me to trust in Your perspective, rather than relying on my self, or worrying about the opinions of others.

My problem is a faith issue. It's a heart issue, Lord. Lift me up, my King. Hold me up. Place my feet upon Your solid ground. Lord lift up my family, too. When I struggle, they struggle also. Please Heal Me, Father. Heal my heart.

I love You Lord. And I pray these things In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: