Tuesday, November 13, 2007

God is in Control... Romans 8:28

...And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose....

This is a promise that I am claiming because I love God and I know that I am called according to His Purpose. And that purpose for my life is...

-To Grow in HIM

-To Glorify HIM in Everything I do

-To Tell Everyone I meet about HIM

-To Rescue the Souls Men and Women around me.

That is MY MISSION... The rest is just details, right?

Ah, but right now those details are demanding my attention...!

Right now I am going through a severe test in my life. I am being challenged with severe demands on my time like never before. I am being challenged physically like never before. My family has been challenged financially like it never has been before.

It would be easy to get discouraged if I weren't armed with the knowledge of scripture and God's Grace. I can't see 'good' coming directly from any of the circumstances I'm currently facing. But I rest in the fact that God is God and I am not.

I have got to keep my focus on the mission and trust God to work out those 'details'.

GOD IS IN CONTROL


Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I am not going to let my circumstances discourage me and keep me from my mission. I realize You are always behind the scenes orchestrating events and circumstances and I have no idea what might happen next in my life except that You will ultimately work it for 'Good'.

My concern is that I stay within Your will. I want to glorify You, Lord. I want to grow in You. I want to impact those within my sphere of influence for Your Kingdom. And if it be Your will, I want to rescue everyone of the lost souls that I can before my time here on earth is done.

Father God I Love You. I give today to You, my King. I trust You. I will not Fear. You are in control. You are my Rock, my Fortress.

Lord I praise You and lift up Your name on high.

Sweet Jesus, please bless my family today. I pray for a day of accomplishment for my wife. I pray for a day of wonder and discovery for Elijah. I pray for Connor's relationship with You Lord and that He grow to realize all the blessings You have in store for his life..

Lord I pray for myself today, too. I need a day of accomplishment, too. And I pray that You lessen the pain in my feet. Help me to eat well and exercise as much as I can to reduce my weight as quickly as possible.

Father God I want to lose this weight to honor You.

Lord I say this again: I love You. And I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.


No comments: