Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Christmas Shopping...?

In all my years (42) I've never really thought of 'Giving God a Gift' at Christmas. I have always thought about God and used his birthday as my reasoning for giving gifts to others.

Have you ever heard the phrase question: What do you get the person who has everything...?

Well, Cere Muscarella of Life Church in Angleton nswers that very question in his current series: Wise Men Still Bring HIM gifts.

Cere spoke two weeks ago about the number one gift we could and should try to bring God this season is His favorite thing: Souls. Wouldn't it be nice to bring someone to salvation this Christmas?

But what else could we bring HIM...? Well, Jesus is pure and he loves gifts of Purity!

Where is Your heart? What do you dwell on...? What are your fantasies? Are they impure, ungodly, and self, or Purity, Godly, and Kingdom minded?

It's our warfare to cast down imaginations and abstract things that stand against our knowledge of God and to bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ... 2 Cor 10:5

Those are two things I'd like to give God this Christmas: a pure heart and mind! But I'd like to really go all out on gifts to Jesus this season so this discussion is not over. (although I'm out of time this morning...)

More tomorrow.

No comments: