Thursday, November 15, 2007

Is Jesus On Your Christmas List..?

I mentioned this yesterday. I've never really had Jesus on my Christmas List in my entire life. Over the years I've always had My family, significant other, and friends on my 'list'. But I've never had the ONE whom it makes the most sense to have on my list. The True Reason for the Season...!

Pastor Cere is making that perfectly clear in his current message series entitled 'Wise Men Still Bring Him Gifts'. -And it is really touching my heart. Today's commentary is a continuation of that discussion.

We learned that the best gift we can give Jesus for Christmas is leading someone to salvation. The next thing we can give Him is a pure life. And that involves holding the heart and mind captive.

What else can we give Him...? What other components constitute a pure life? How about pure speech?

Clean words and words of encouragement and life are the only words that should come out of the mouth of one who has given their life to Christ. I' do fairly well in that area accept around a few select people and it's those relationships that I need to put most of my efforts into right now.
Monica and I completed the Alpha course at church recently and we just started the Beta course last night. Wow it was great. It was about living Your faith and truly changing Your life. I was inspired. I'm changing. I want to change more.

This has really been an incredible year of spiritual growth for me....!

No comments: