Friday, November 30, 2007

Seven Hundred...!

Wow... As of yesterday's blog entry I have published 700 times to this prayer journal since 2004. Now, I'm not being prideful or anything like that. I do think of it as a neat milestone to acknowledge, though. And I give thanks to Our Great God From Above who empowers me to carry on each day.

Some people don't understand how a person can justify so much time blogging. For me, blogging is like oxygen. It's how I work things out. -I can't just think a concept or idea into a finished product. I have to see it written down to be able to organize my thoughts. I have to be able to cut and paste blocks of text and create something that is meaningful, something that makes sense. It's very gratifying to observe a single thought blossom into an essay.

I love that I am able to go back and see what I was thinking and how God was speaking to me at this same time last year, or the year before that. It's nice to have a record of answered prayer. And I rest assured that my spiritual journey is well recorded for posterity and that both Elijah, Connor, or anyone else might one day be able to glean a spiritual nugget from some thought I have preserved here in this forum.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You for this blog forum. Thank You for this technology that we can use to advance Your Kingdom. Oh Lord it's simply amazing how You work all things for Good to those who are called to Your purpose. Father God, I know one of Your purposes for my life is to blog about You. I pray that You are lifted up here today and that You get the Praise and the Glory You so richly deserve.

Thank You Lord for getting me on track yesterday as I got off to a rocky start. Thank You that today I am already building up some spiritual steam to make a big impact in the world for Your Kingdom today, and it's not even 7:30AM yet...!

I so dearly appreciate the morning devotions from Charles Spurgeon. It's very cool indeed to consider that when You were inspiring Spurgeon to pen his devotionals over a hundred years ago that You knew I would be inspired by them today, and You were already caring for me before I was born...!

Lord You are a wondrous provider. I thank You for Your Blessings Father. I thank You for working on my heart...!

Lord I love You. And in Jesus' name I pray,

Amen.

No comments: