Friday, November 02, 2007

Two Radio Blessings

On Thursdays I teach tennis classes in Nassau Bay and League City all day. It is a long day and I am on court for seven hours, plus I have a two hour round trip commute. It's pretty physically demanding but I believe it is worth it because I am impacting many people.

But I was significantly blessed yesterday as I was driving home in the evening. I was greatly impacted bu the messages of two Christian radio programs: Unshackled and Insight For Living

Unshackled is a radio Christian Drama about the life of someone who accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Insight for living is the Bible Teaching Ministry of Dr Charles Swindoll.

It's interesting how two completely different ministries were on the radio back to back and had messages that fit so completely together. Dr Swindoll spoke about many topics in yesterday's message. But one was the first of the ten commandments where the Lord commands: Thou shalt have no other Gods before Me.

-I always thought (and was taught) that commandment meant to have no other 'God', but I thought it was referring to the 'anti-Christ', or 'some person' who said 'they' were God.

But Chuck explained that our Lord was also referring to 'anyone or anything'.

Things and activities can take the place of god in our lives. That we spend the majority of time engaged in is where our heart is and that is 'Our God'... -I had never looked at it from that perspective before.

What made it hat clear to me afterwards was the unshackled character last night who came to the conclusion that in what ever activity we spend the most time of our day doing, -That is our God, or idol.

When I heard that I thought oh wow... Do I seek God predominantly throughout the day...?

-No...

Do I get wrapped up in the details of life far too often, (like the unshackled character) staying busy in things that don't make a bit of difference to Kingdom Work...?

-Yes...

Do I have a whole lot to be thankful for today, especially for a grace filled God who so far has postponed his judgement wrath on me..?

Absolutely...!

No comments: