Tuesday, December 11, 2007

1 Thessalonians 5:11

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. - 1 Thes 5:11

In this passage the Apostle Paul has just preached about the end of the world in verses 1-10 and is commending the church brethren for lifting each other up.

Consider that when Paul and Silas were visiting this church some 2000 years ago, they fully believed that they were already living in 'end-times' scenarios. While they were NOT correct in their time line for the end of the world, they were RIGHT ON about the urgency of the situation and how we should behave towards each other.

You've gotta believe that we are much closer to end times now in this day and age! The signs are all around us. The world right now is as dark as it has ever been and it is only getting darker.

And THE WORD rings as clear as it ever has: Believers are STILL called to be a light in the darkness.

God has called me to be a teacher and a coach and I believe that is a Very High Calling. As a coach I have the chance to shape the lives of young people pretty much every day. I have the opportunity to shine a light with my words and actions. As a coach who likes to use the power of positive reinforcement in his teaching, I love verses that speak of encouraging one another.

I was so moved by this study today that I've linked a few verses for your edification.

Please CLICK HERE for some timeless instruction from the Apostle Paul as he wraps up his letter to The Church.

Thanks for reading my prayer journal this morning... Until next time,

Be God's....!

No comments: