Sunday, January 13, 2008

Still Pondering Habakkuk

The first time I read Habakkuk I used the NIV (New International Version), then Icompared it to the American Standard Version. This morning I read the Message Translastion.

No matter which version or translation of the bible I use, it seems the prophet Habakkuk could just as easily be describing America (instead of Judah) when he recorded how wicked the society of his day was. It's nearly impossible to look around today and avoid the wickedness of the world around. There's pretty much no way to turn on the television or take a look at the news headlines without being bombarded with evil, flesh, greed, and atrocity. I can't imagine that Judah was worse than America...

Habakkuk mentioned how perverted the law was in his time. I submit that America is no different. The fact that we stand in outrage over the Michael Vick incident regarding dog fighting while it is still legal to have an abortion here in America is beyond me. The sad truth is that a dog has more rights in America than an unborn human being....! And that's just one example of the perversion of our justice system....!

God told Habakkuk that he was aware of what was going on with Judah and to watch and be amazed. God promised judgement. And so Judah was judged.

And so America will be judged, too.

It's up to we Believers of The Word to make a difference within our spheres of influence today. We must not wait. I don't think there's a whole lot of time left! And we will not be able to deliver a message if we look exactly like those whom we are trying to deliver the message to. The bible tells us to not be conformed to the ways of this world...

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you Lord for another day of mercy. Thank You for another day of opportunity to rescue the souls of men and women whom You have called. I fully understand my role. I am called to be a difference - maker. I have been set apart. And I embrace Your will, my King.

Lord I lift up Cere, Sonny, and Elton today. Bless the Ministry efforts of Life Church this morning, Lord. And lift up Pastors and Churches every where that are preaching Messages of Truth.

Father God I lift up my precious family today. Sundays are normally particularly difficult for us as a family. I pray for a good day today. I pray for a day of peace and harmony. I pray for a happy, wholesome family day of rest.

Thank You Lord. Thank You Father. I love You, Jesus. And I pray these things in Your sweet, precious, holy name...

Amen.

No comments: