Friday, January 11, 2008

Discouragement

It's interesting how things work sometime. After writing about discouragement and coaching everyone to avoid discouragement, I myself became discouraged later in the day.

So what does that mean...? Am I not trusting God....? -Apparently not. I do feel really bad about that, too. I guess I feel discouraged about being discouraged if that makes sense....

In the parable of the seeds, the seed in one case fell upon ground having a rocky bottom, covered over with a thin layer of earth; when the seed began to take root, its downward growth was hindered by the hard stone and therefore it spent its strength in pushing its green shoot aloft as high as it could, but having no inward moisture derived from root nourishment, it withered away. Is this my case? Have I been making a fair show in the flesh without having a corresponding inner life? I'm afraid I've let God down (again).

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, here I am again at the alter seeking forgiveness. I am sorry I got angry yesterday. I know we are not supposed to let the sun go down and sleep on our anger, yet I did it anyway.
That was willful disobedience on my part.

I am very sorry for giving in to anger and more so for staying angry. That's not the real me.
Today I just give it to You, Lord. If possible, please just remove this burden from me. At the very least help me to deal with it better

I love You Lord and just pray for a new day today. A bright sunny day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: