Tuesday, January 08, 2008

True Belief True Faith

God works all things together for good to those who are called to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Every good and perfect gift comes from God.... James 1:17

The Lord is my Rock, My Fortress, and my Deliverer... 2 Samuel 2:22

These are three bible verses that are very familiar to me. They are familiar in that I remember them, but not their address. I had to look each of them up using the bible gateway keyword search finder to find out exactly which scriptures they were.

What, no big deal, you say? Well it IS a big deal to me. And I think it is to God, too. I don't want to be 'somewhat familiar' to God... I want to know Him completely...! And that means paying attention. That means knowing EXACT scripture references. Having a vague awareness is not honoring or worshiping God. It's not life changing. I WANT a life change. I NEED a life change.

Today Dr Charles Stanley discussed life change in his morning lesson. I need to work on my belief...


The definition of the word “believe” is what often confuses church members who lack genuine faith. They believe in God, Jesus, and heaven. But there’s a difference between giving intellectual assent to an idea and spiritually acknowledging Christ as God’s Son and one’s own personal Savior. In the Bible, every time someone truly believes in Jesus, he or she changes. It is impossible to remain the same after realizing one’s desperate need for Him.

-Dr Charles Stanley


I realize my desperate need for HIM. But hows's my belief? Still I am plagued with worry, doubt, fear... -You name it.

Lord Help my unbelief!

Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will make straight your path.... Proverbs 3:5 -That's a good scripture to pull out in time of trouble. Lord strengthen my faith...!

Father God, I am seeking You. I want to walk closer with You. I want to know you, Lord. Erase all doubt from my heart and mind. Help my faith. Change me, Father.

Father God Your word says that those who call upon Your name will be saved. I call You Lord. I call You Father. I call You my King.

And I Believe in You, Jesus...! In Your precious holy name I pray, Amen...!

No comments: