Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Higher Love

Galatians 5:13-14

For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

There's a whole lot of truth in those two verses. I'd just like to focus on one aspect this morning:

....through love serve one another...

I think this is a good verse for Valentine's Day. After all V-Day is about love, right?

But the Love that Paul is speaking about to the Galatians is a 'Higher Love', Not the 'Cupid Type of Love'. The Bible says If we REALLY love someone we show them our love through service.

I REALLY love God. And God Loves me. He sent His son to die for me. God also blessed me with an incredibly talented wife and a precious family. I REALLY Love them. And when I show them my love through service then I am also loving, serving, and honoring God.

If you're still looking for the perfect Valentine's gift for your loved one try the gift of service...!

No comments: