Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Warnings...

I've been studying the Gospel of Mark for the past week and a half. Today a couple of verses really jumped out at me.

Mark 13:22 Regarding the time of The Great Tribulation: ...for false Christs and false prophets will rise and show show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Mark 13:35-37 More End Times Info: Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming. It may be in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning -lest, coming suddenly, he finds you sleeping. And what I say to You I say to all: Watch!

We've all heard these scriptures before. But here's my particular take on them today:

Regarding Mark 13:22... The bible is clear that as we move closer to the Great Tribulation there will be an abundance of false teachers out there. But hello: there were false teachers back in Jesus' day as well. We should ALWAYS be on the lookout for any teaching that does not agree with the bible.

And my intuition for Mark 13: 35-37 just makes me shiver at the thought of not being ready for Christ's return. And right this minute my spirit tells me that there is way too much 'clutter' and 'busyness' in my life. I'll never be 'ready' for Christ's return at the rate I'm going.

THE MADNESS MUST STOP TODAY...!

I don't know exactly what that looks like but I do know how I'm going to get there...

I'm going to lay it all at the foot of Jesus. HE'S the only answer....!

Dear Heavenly Father,

I'm poised for a mad, mad, day of insanity. This morning I'm trying to accomplish an enormous volume of work in the smallest amount of time possible and there's no 'slowdown' in the near future. This morning is just about like every other morning. What's New?

What's new is today the madness ends. Father God I'm believing in You. I'm trusting in You to come through for me on this one. I'm not pannicking, but I am weary, Lord. Oh so weary. And I'm afraid I'm dragging my poor wife down, too. I know You did not intend for us to live like this.

Father God I pray for my dear sweet Monica this morning. Give her strength. Give her rest this morning. Give her Your peace that surpasses all understanding. (I'll take some of that, too.)

Father God, it's not even 6 AM yet and I feel overwhelmed. But Lord, by Your grace I will endure today. It won't be so bad. And little by little I will make up lost time and lost ground.

I was already encouraged by the weather forecast. It's supposed to be sunny and nice for the rest of the week and beyond. I praise You for that, Lord.

But Lord this morning I do heed Your warnings and I am watchful and alert. Thank You Lord for Your Word. Thank You Lord for Your Presence. Thank You Lord for Loving me so much and blessing me with the discernment to see what's going on and the courage to make the necessary changes in my life to really start living in Your will for my life and the life of my family.


Lord I'm expecting Big Things today. Great Things. I just give this day to You my King. You can do anything, Lord. There really is no problem too big for the One who spoke the entire universe into existence...!

Father God I love You and I give this day to You, Lord! And I pray these things in the power of the Name of the One who paid the ultimate price for my sins and died so that I would be Free: Jesus Christ,

Amen...!



No comments: