Monday, March 10, 2008

Waiting on God.

I was on Godtube recently and came across a Rich Mullins Concert someone had posted. It was one of the last concerts he had performed before he died in a tragic car accident. During the concert he spoke about hearing from God and how hearing from God was elusive often times difficult. And he said that he didn't have a set formula for how to hear from God but he knew that we didn't have a shot at it at all if we were not obedient. So he said if we wanted to hear from God we should focus on obedience.

That's a good perspective, and one that I totally agree with.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I'm waiting on You. I know you are aware of my situation. You are close. You are mighty to save. You are my God. You have a plan. You are in control. Nothing is impossible with You.

My job is to be patient. My job is to be obedient. Lord help me in those areas. I will honor You. I will serve You, my King.

Father God this morning I pray a hedge of protection around my family. I lift up Monica, Elijah, and Connor to You, Lord. Bless them Father. I pray for a good day at school for Connor. I pray that someone witnesses to Him about You, my King. Lord I pray that My sweet Monica is able to complete all her appointed tasks this morning and is not stressed getting to art class today.

Father, for a Elijah I just pray that he has an awesome day of wonder and discovery.

Thank You for the blessing of my family, Lord. I love them very much. But Father God I love You above all. I acknowledge that every good thing in my life is a blessing from You.

I love You Lord and I give this day to You.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: