Friday, April 11, 2008

Jeremiah 29:11

I've been feeling stress lately. I've been too busy, rushing here and there trying to stay on time and get as much accomplished as I can. So I've been looking to memorize scriptures that will help calm me and give me a sense of peace when I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Today's scripture verse that I'm committing to memory is Jeremiah 29:11...

'For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord... -Plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope...' (NASB)

I have been familiar with that verse for years, but never took time to memorize the address in the bible. Today it will be etched in my memory banks permanently...!

And oh what a great verse to know and a promise to claim...!

God cannot lie. God is in control. Praise be to God...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You for Your many promises. Lord help me to be worthy to claim those promises. I want to be right in middle of Your Perfect Will for my life and the life of my family. Oh Lord I give this day to You. Today I will live for You.

Father God help me to let my light shine brightly today. Let there be no mistake whose Kingdom I am a citizen of today.

Lord You know all the 'stuff' I have going on in my life right now. I ask You for help in working it all out, my King. Please Lord free me from this burden of busy-ness so I can be more about the work You have called me to. Help my organization and time management. You are in control, but I know things will run more smoothly if I just quit trying to do things under my own power.

Lord I thank You for the many blessings in my life. Thank You for the great blessing of my sweet wife. And thank You for all the great things You are doing in her life right now. Lord I thank You for Elijah and Connor. Help me to be the best dad and step dad You have called me to be to them. I recognize that bringing them up to know You is the most important thing I can do.

Today is the day when I normally take time out to reflect on my blessings and I know I have many. You have definitely not forsaken me. Father God, You are truly an Awesome God. And I praise You, Lord.

And I pray all this things in Jesus' Name, AMEN.

No comments: