Thursday, April 10, 2008

2 Chronicles 7:14

'...If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land....' -GOD

Wow! That's a very powerful scripture verse...! And that's my memory verse for today.

I attended Wednesday church service last night for the first time in weeks. The Wednesday Night Group is on the last few weeks of the Truth Project. Last night's lesson was my favorite of the series. It was called the 'American Experiment' and outlines how far our country has fallen away from the original intent of it's founding fathers.

America is in great trouble. But the bible explains how we can get out of trouble. Darkness is prevailing at the moment, and that's because too many Christians are hiding their light under a basket.

We need to humble ourselves.

We need to repent.

We need to pray and seek God.

We need to turn from our wicked ways.

God is waiting to see what we're going to do.


A CALL TO ACTION:

Let's start today and really let our light shine to the world around us. We can begin with our everyday sphere of influence and go from there. We've got to start doing something different or the results are going to be disastrous.

I'm not keeping my Christianity secret. Everyone I meet is going to know exactly where I stand! I'm not going down quietly into the night...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, on behalf of America I stand in the gap this morning. I for one am very sorry for my 'wicked ways'. I vow to change, Lord. And I promise to let my light shine bright and pierce the darkness.

Father God this morning I lift up my Christian brothers and sisters all around me who like me have kept their faith secret for too long. I pray you empower them to once again let their light shine brightly. You said once that we are the light of the world. Oh Lord let that be so.

My Precious Savior, I am so grateful for Dr. Del Tackett and The Truth Project. It has once again got me fired up to change the world. I pray that fire never wanes. Bless me Father to do Your will. Bless my family, Lord. I lift up my precious wife and boys to You, my King.

Lord I lift up the Governmental leaders of this country. I lift up the body of Christ everywhere.

Father I thank You for the many opportunities you give me to impact the world around me every day. I give this day to You, Father. -It is for Your honor and glory that I press on. And I pray these things in your precious holy name, Amen.

No comments: