Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Strength of The Holy Spirit...

The Apostle Paul Prayed for the Spiritual Strength of the Ephesian Church.


'...Therefore I ask you not to lose heart at my tribulations on your behalf, for they are your glory. For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God....'

Ephesians 3-13


The apostle Paul frequently wrote about the need to rely upon Jesus Christ’s strength. In 2 Corinthians chapter 12:9, he also passed on to his readers a promise the Lord had given him. It says “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness”.

My wife gently reminded me last night that I am still operating under my own power and not giving the Holy Spirit a chance to work miracles in my life. I was offended at first, but after thinking and praying about it nearly all night and this morning I know in my heart that she is correct.

Agggh... It seems that I have to keep giving the same struggles to the Lord day after day. And day after day I continue to make the same mistakes.

I know one thing for sure: The problem lies within me, NOT GOD!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Oh Lord, if there ever was a day for Your Power to be made perfect in weakness, it's today. I feel so weak today, Lord. And I am going to surrender this struggle to You. Just grant me Your grace, Father. I don't want my life to look like the life of Sam Chadwell any more. It's a life of busy ness. It's a meaningless, ineffective, and wasted life if I'm not operating under the power of the Holy Spirit. I pray that my life would look more like Your life, Lord. Father I pray for peace within my soul. I pray to know the breadth, width, length, and height of Your love, my King.

Lord, my changed life will transform those around me, I know it will. But I can't change by myself. The spirit is certainly willing, but the flesh is truly weak. I need Your Grace and Mercy.

Father God, I pray to see things from Your perspective. Where I was once moved to anger and harsh words let me sow peace and healing words. Lord help me to move away from this quagmire of senseless, needless, busy-ness that continually shortens my time spent in effective Kingdom work.

Lord I sense there is no time to waste. And I am totally convicted to live a different life starting right now, right this very moment...! Oh make it so, Father!

Lord Jesus, My Savior, I place my Trust in You and the Power of the Holy Spirit. I love You Lord. I give You all the praise and honor and glory that You so richly deserve.

Father God I pray For an outpouring of Your Holy Spirit to rain down upon me. I give this day to You, Lord. I consecrate it to Your glory. And I pray these things in Your Sweet Son's Name, Jesus Christ, Amen.




No comments: