Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Today Things are Different... I am More than a Conquerer!

I believe stress and 'busy-ness' are some of the 'things' Paul mentions in chapter 8 of his letter to the Roman church. Well today I'm breaking free of those bondages. I'm not allowing 'busy-ness' and stress to overtake me any longer. Jesus conquered those things for me.

'...In all these things we are more than conquerors through HIM that loved us...' Romans 8:37

Actually it was today's Spurgeon Devotional this morning that set my mind on this path of thinking. Spurgeon's devotional reminded me about the day when I first accepted Christ into my heart as Lord and Savior that it was all work of the Holy Spirit. Faith in the Lord and what HE did for me on Calvary was the key to unlocking the 'New Man' in Sam Chadwell over 20 years ago. Well, it is still about the work of the Holy Spirit today.

My problem all along has been trying to operate under my own power. I knew that intellectually, but today I see and really understand it much more clearly, now. Now whenever I sense stress or busy-ness crouching at my door I'm claiming the promise of Romans 8:37...!

PRAISE THE LORD!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord thank you for Conquering all the 'things' of this world. Thank you for loving me so much that You died for my sins. You paid my debt. I am free because of what you did and I will no longer be burdened and bound by 'busy-ness'. Oh Lord what an incredible love You demonstrated long ago and continue to demonstrate today.

Lord today I walk as a ' NEW MAN' once again. Praise You Jesus for allowing me this revelation. Thank You for illuminating this perspective to me.

Father God now help me to live differently. I pray that my light shines brighter than ever in You today. I pray for my witness. I pray for the opportunity to fulfill Your calling me to influence everyone withing my sphere of influence today.

I love You Lord. I Praise you, Father! And I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: