Thursday, May 22, 2008

Who are the People in Matt 7:21-23...?

In this verse Jesus says at the judgement seat in heaven many people will say to Him: 'Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name, drove out demons in your name, and performed many miracles in your name, didn't we?' Then Jesus says He will respond to them plainly, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you evildoers.'

I'm currently researching this verse. On the surface it indicates that many people will have lived deceived lives and go to judgement thinking that they are saved only to find out otherwise. Some commentaries say this verse is referring to false preachers. I agree with that assessment, but I think it has to refer to more than just false preachers. It would have to refer to all the sheep who followed the false preachers too, wouldn't it...?

Hmmm... It's a lot to think about, and pray about...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, help me to clearly understand this verse. I don't want to be deceived. I don't want anyone to be deceived. help me to know the truth. help me to know you.

I love You Lord. I put my faith and trust in You. I pray blessings on my day today. I ask for continued blessings on mine and my wife's health. I lift up my tennis students and classes to You today my King. And in Jesus' name I pray, Amen...!

No comments: