Thursday, June 05, 2008

Discussion about Prayer

Last night in Alpha the topic was 'prayer'. One of the questions that came up was how has answered prayer strengthened your faith...?

I was thinking how Monica and I have had so many answered prayers that now when we face a crises we very seldom worry, we just trust in God to work it out.

There is a God. He knows everything. God can do anything. Nothing is impossible with God. I firmly believe that.

So why would I worry at all, ever...? I don't know. I must say that I think Monica's faith is a bit stronger than mine. She tends to have to encourage me more than I have to encourage her. But it's neat how we pick up each other's slack.

God really picked out the perfect spouse for me...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I'm all about thanks this morning. I'm so grateful for my sweet wife. I'm grateful for new tennis students today. What a blessing to have the opportunity to impact the life of a young person. Father God help me to portray a strong witness for You. I give this day of service to You, Lord. I pray that I honor You today in word and action.

Father God I ask blessings on
Elijah today. I pray he has a day of wonder and amazement. I lift up Connor as he spends time in California with is grandparents.

Lord please bless Monica and our unborn child. I pray for a day of rest and good health for my precious bride. I pray that she is able to accomplish everything she wishes to accomplish today.

Lord, I'm Believing that YOU WILL answer these prayers. And I thank You now as if they are already answered.

I love You, Lord. You have truly rescued me. You are all that I want. You are all I need. Father God I pray these things in confidence in the power of Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: