Monday, June 09, 2008

Strength

I've been reading the new testament the past few months. I've gone through the gospels and just completed the letters of the Apostle Paul. I'll be starting Hebrews this evening.

I love the verse: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

This morning I spent a good deal of time praying for strength. I prayed for all kings of strength. I prayed for physical strength to meet the bodily challenges of lessons in the morning and afternoon in the Texas heat and humidity. I prayed for spiritual and emotional strength to face the daily assault from the evil one who prowls around like a hungry lion hoping to ensnare me.

I prayed for strength for my beloved spouse and life partner Monica. She is used daily by God as a source of inspiration and encouragement to me, and a host of others.

I know that what ever challenge I face today I will come out more than a conqueror through HIM who strengthens me.

Here's a good article I came across on Phil 4:13

Lord, I love You. You have rescued me. You lift me up. You are my fuel, my unlimited energy source. Father God I trust in You. I rest in You. Lord Jesus I'm going to keep this dialog ongoing with You all day. I want to stay tuned in to You, Father.

Lord I ask blessings on my sweet wife and family. I also lift up my precious sister Becky who is being persecuted daily. Grant them all Your divine strength, Lord. Grant them peace and rest.

Father God I pray these things in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: