Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Spurgeon Explains Romans 14:8

Why are we here...? Why didn't Christ just snatch us up to heaven the moment we accepted HIM...?

Here's a quote from Spurgeon's daily devotional that explains it perfectly:


We are here that We may "live unto the Lord," and may bring others to know His love. We remain on earth as sowers to scatter good seed; as ploughmen to break up the fallow ground; as heralds publishing salvation. We are here as the "salt of the earth," to be a blessing to the world. We are here to glorify Christ in our daily life. We are here as workers for Him, and as "workers together with Him." Let us see that our life answereth its end. Let us live earnest, useful, holy lives, to "the praise of the glory of His grace."


Hmmm... How's that for your daily marching orders...? I don't know about You but I'm ready to make a difference in this world today....!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Oh Lord I am a sinner. There is very little good that is in me. But Father I recognize that by Your Grace I am saved. Father God, help me to sin no more. Help me to rid myself of every barrier that would prevent me from being used to for Kingdom work.

Lord I can't do anything under my own power, but through you I am a mighty warrior. Though You I am a Conqueror. In you I am Victorious....!

Thank You Father for Blessing me so abundantly. Every good and perfect gift comes from You, Father...! Lord Jesus I lift up my family to you this morning. I lift up all my tennis students and the camp I will conduct in League City today. Father I pray that others might see your light shining through me today. Use me as Your vessel, my King.

I love You Lord, and I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: