Monday, June 30, 2008

Serving The Lord... Psalm 100:2-3

I had a difficult day yesterday. Going to church did not help me very much except to hear a scripture reminding us that we did not wrestle against flesh and blood but against powers and principalities, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, and against spiritual wickedness in high places... -Ephesians 6:12

I realize that I am wrestling with the rulers of Darkness. My wife and I discussed this in great detail last night. And we prayed together. We prayed for each other. We prayed for our family and our country. Then I awakened throughout the night praying for myself, my family, this country, and this world.

Wow what a difference a few hours of humble praying can make.

My attitude is much better this morning. My scripture verse today is Psalm 100 2-3 - Today I will serve HIM with gladness...! Thank You Monica for lifting me up. There really is Great Power present when two or more come together in HIS Name...!

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You so much Lord for my precious wife who loves me and prays for me and our family constantly. Lord I do pray a hedge of protection around myself and my family today. Guard us from the assault of the enemy. Father God help us move past self keeping and on into ministering to those around us. Father God that's our true mission: Search and Rescue....

Oh Holy Spirit, I am not worthy to receive You but I pray that You indwell and empower me for a day of good service to the Kingdom. Bless my tennis camp this morning, Lord. Help me to speak words of life and encouragement. Lord working with young people is the greatest work a man can do. Thank You for this opportunity my King.

I love You Lord. You have rescued me. I pray these things in the power of Your Holy Name, Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Judy Ohlemacher said...

Sam, I am so glad you feel spiritually better. Yes, the princialities of darkness are very busy these days and they attack those who strive hardest to serve God. Keep up the good fight.