Tuesday, July 01, 2008

2 Timothy 1:7

God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but one of power, love, and discipline.

I like this verse of encouragement. The context is a message Paul sent to Timothy. We are not to be shy when it comes to speaking to others about God.

I came across this verse in Dr Charles Stanley's Morning Devotional. In it Dr Stanley gives a six question checklist to ask yourself if you are drifting away from God. It's a quick study and definitely work the click...! I didn't need the checklist to know that I have been 'drifting', but reading that article was good affirmation for me and helped me to pinpoint some problem areas.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord thank You for Your Word. Help me to stay in it daily. Lord thank You for the opportunities to witness daily. Help me to not miss a single one. Father, help me to not be timid, but bold in speaking about You.

Lord the powers of darkness are trying to wrestle me down. I pray that You would send Your Holy Spirit to hold me up, lift me up. Set my feet upon Your solid ground.

Father God, I love You. I want to serve You and be an effective witness for You. I offer my life as a willing sacrifice, Lord. I am Yours.

I thank You for my precious wife and children Lord. I have been blessed beyond measure with an awesome family and I am forever grateful. Father God I pray You protect them and keep them safe from the snares of the enemy. I especially lift up Monica's health to You, Lord. I pray for a peaceful, restful, healing day for her, my King.

Lord I commit this day to You. I give it all for You Glory, and I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: