Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Honoring The Lord With My Life...

Romans 12:1 is one of my favorite scriptures. It states that our entire life is to be offered to the Lord. Everything we do, say, and think should honor and glorify HIM.

Is my life like that...? Uh... Sadly, no... Not enough.

But, this morning it's like I was just reading that verse (Romans 12:1) for the first time. And I'm excited. Today I may be faced with temptation in some area of my life but I am going to over come it.

With the help of the Holy Spirit I will take every thought captive. Only positive, edifying words will come out of my mouth. I will give My Utmost for His Highest. Today I plan to start living life a little slower, a little more simple. I'm saying good bye to 'busy-ness', because that in no way honors God.

Today my life Will be a living sacrifice to the ONE who gave his ALL for me.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord today I want to totally surrender to You. I want to shed the world and it's wicked influence from my life. Holy Spirit, please enable and empower me to change. Help me to make a big difference within my sphere of influence today. Help me to be a strong, effective witness for the Truth.

Father God I pray that others will see the YOU in me. Lord I trust You. I believe in You.

You are my God. I praise You. I worship You. Father I give You thanks for all the blessings in my life. I love You, Lord. And I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: